India possesses a wide spectrum of dimensional stones that include granite, marble, sandstone, limestone, slate, and quartzite, spread out all over the country. India is also amongst the largest producer of raw stone material and the sectors is quite developed and vibrant in the South, as well as in Rajasthan and Gujarat, with a dedicated resource of entrepreneurs. India also has an indigenous resource of machinery and tool manufacturers which cater well to the demands of this sector.
The Indian stone industry has evolved into the production and manufacturing of blocks, flooring slabs, structural slabs, calibrated – ready to fix tiles, monuments, tomb stones, sculptures, artifacts, cobbles, cubes, kerbs, pebbles and landscape garden stones.
India’s history, dating back to 3200 BC has been influenced considerably by the disposition, development and use of stones and other construction materials. Dimension stones have also left deep imprints on the architectural heritage of the country. Innumerable temples, forts and palaces of Ancient Indian Civilisation have been carved out of locally available stones. The Taj Mahal at Agra was constructed from Indian marble.
This tradition of Stone Architecture has continued to the present era, with most of the important modern buildings in India like the Presidential House, Parliament House, and Supreme Court made from high quality sandstone of Rajasthan. The Bahá’í House of Worship of New Delhi stands testimony to the relevance of marble in modern Indian architecture.
Stones are still the mainstays of civil construction in India, with stones being used extensively in public buildings, hotels, and temples. It is increasingly being used in homes, with the use of stones now penetrating amongst the growing middle class of India.
Marble was used for building tombs, temples and palaces. For a longtime it was considered as Royal Stone. It is, however, now used in hotels and homes too. There are many varieties.
- Makrana: Makrana is the source of the marble used in the Taj Mahal. It is situated at a distance of 60 km from Kishangarh and falls in the Nagaur district of Rajasthan. The region has various mining ranges, mainly Doongri, Devi, Ulodi, Saabwali, Gulabi, Kumari, Neharkhan, Matabhar, Matabhar kumari, Chuck doongri, Chosira and Pahar Kua amongst others.
- Rajnagar Marble: World’s largest marble-producing area, with over 2,000 gang saw units located in the nearby town of Udaipur to process the material produced.
- Agaria is the best variety of this area, with numerous other varieties and patterns, primarily in white base. The marble is dolomitic and often has quartz intrusions.
- Andhi Marble: Located near the capital city of the state of Jaipur (also known as the ‘Pink City’), it is dolomitic marble with intrusions of tremolite, and is commonly known by the name of pista (pistachio) marble, because of the green coloured tremolite against an off-white background. One of the famous varieties of this area was known as Indo-Italian, owing to its resemblance with Satvario Marble. Most of the mining of this famous field is now banned by the Supreme Court of India because of the vicinity of the area to the Sariska Tiger Reserve.
- Salumber Marble: Also known as Onyx Marble, it has thick bands of green and pink hint. A resemblance to Onyx Marble from Pakistan gives it this name. This is also highly dolomitic.
- Yellow Marble: Though it has not been metamorphosed and hence is still a limestone, it is known as Yellow Marble in trade circles. It is mined in the Jaisalmer District.
- Bidasar: These are ultra basic rocks in shades of brown and green colour found in Rajasthan. The criss-cross linear pattern given it a remarkable resemblance to a photograph of dense forest. These are also known as forest green/brown or fancy green/brown.
- Morwad: Kishangarh Marble
- Gujarat – AmbaJi White Marble: It is one of the finest marble produced in India. It can be easily compared with Makarana Marble. It is highly calcic and is produced in a town called Ambaji (famous for its temple of Durga Devi). The marble has a very soft and waxy look, and is often used by sculptors.
- Rajasthan – Abu Black: This is one of the rare Black textured marble available. Only produced in the mines of Abu road, this amazing Black textured stone is the finest decorative marble ideal for homemakers, temples, sculptures and corporate houses.
- Madhya Pradesh – Katni Range: It is famous for its beige coloured marble which is dolomitic but highly crystalline, with very fine grain size and some quartz intrusions. The marble accepts excellent polish. Another variety of the same range is red/maroon-coloured marble.
- Indian Green Marble:It is found in Rajasthan India, Indian Green Marble’s most quarries is situated in Kesariyaji it is 60 KM far from udaipur rajasthan india. This indian green marble is famous is many name in all over the world. In Europe people known indian green marble as a verde guatemala.many kinds of varieties available in Indian green marble. Indian Green Marble is Exporting in Africa , Europe , Australia , Middle East and many Asian countries. It is found in Udaipur District state Rajasthan of India.
India has varieties of granite in over 200 shades. As on 2005, Granite reserves in India was 37,426 million cubic metres and ranked fifth in export of processed product. Resources are found in Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Jharkhand, Chattisgarh, Rajasthan and Andhra Pradesh.
Sandstone reserves in India are found over the states of Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Gujarat, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Karnataka, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and West Bengal. Over 90% of the deposits of sandstone are in Rajasthan, spread over the districts of Bharatpur, Dholpur, Kota, Jodhpur, Sawai-Madhopur, Bundi, Chittorgarh, Bikaner, Jhalawar, Pali, Shivpuri, Khatu and Jaisalmer.
India is among the leading countries when it comes to mining and export of sandstone. The best part with Sandstone from India is that it is available in different colors and considered best for interior as well as exterior use. Few most popular sandstone products from India include names like Tint Mint, White Mint, Mint Fossils, Modak, Agra Red, Rainbow Sandstone, Raj Green, Teak, Buff Brown, Dhoplur Chocolate, Beige, Dholpur Pink, Lalitpur Pink, Mandana Red etc.
These sandstone are available in a number of finishes and come with great strength. However, Sandstone like Rainbow is only available in layered form and so is not suitable when good thickness is required. To illustrate it clearly, you can’t have cobbles out of this sandstone in particular as it is usually available in the slabs form.
All kind of marble granite and stone’s biggest market is situated in kishangarh rajasthan. We Bhandari marble group are presenting our best since 1969. we are the oldest and biggest dealer of marble in kishangarh. marble manufecturer in kishangarh, marble supplier in kishangarh,marble wholeseller in kishangarh, Makrana marble in kishangarh, dungari marble in kishangarh, Albeta marble in kishangarh, katni marble in kishangarh, majholi marble in kishangarh, wonder marble in kishangarh, banswara marble in kishangarh, pink marble in kishangarh, green marble in kishangarh, tobacco black marble in kishangarh, burberry black marble in kishangarh, cherry red marble in kishangarh, onyx marble in kishangarh, travertino marble in kishangarh, beige marble in kishangarh, bottichino marble in kishangarh, creama marfil marble in kishangarh, de-martino marble in kishangarh, brescia aurora marble in kishangarh, brescia orobico marble in kishangarh, statuario marble in kishangarh, golden spider marble in kishangarh, Michele angelo marble in kishangarh, swiss white marble in kishangarh, vietnaam marble in kishanarh, thassos white marble in kishangarh, mango onyx marble in kishangarh, honey onyx in kishangarh, white onyx in kishangarh, blue onyx marble in kishangarh, pink onyx marble in kishangarh, cuppichino onyx marble in kishangarh, sunrise onyx in kishangarh, tiger onyx marble in kishangarh, alfredo onyx in kishangarh, white pearl onyx in kishangarh, wallnut travertino in kishangarh, titanium travertino in kishangarh, noche travertino in kishangarh, silver travertino in kishangarh, white travertino in kishangarh, yellow travertino in kishangarh, red travertino in kishangarh, lebrodrite in kishangarh, amythist marble in kishangarh, goalie siano marble in kishangarh, golden portro marble in kishangarh, silver portro marble in kishangarh, teak marble in kishangarh, rainbow marble in kishangarh, pallisindro white marble in kishangarh, ysl purple marble in kishangarh, wonder beige marble in kishangarh, jaisalmer marble in kishangarh, red lavante marble in kishangarh, dark emperador marble in kishangarh, light emperador marble in kishangarh, black galaxy marble in kishangarh, torento marble in kishangarh, aandhi marble in kishangarh, indian statuario marble in kishangarh, aagariya marble in kishangarh, rajnagarh white marble I kishangarh, grey Milano marble in kishangarh,pietra gray marble in kishangarh, Venezuela gray marble in kishangarh, raed fire marble in kishangrh, black marquino marble in kishangarh,,handicraft market in kishangarh, marble mandir in kishangarh, marble fountain in kishangarh,
BHANDARI MARBLE GROUP.
BHANDARI MARBLE WORLD.
BHANDARI MARBLE COMPANY.
MAKRANA ROAD, KISHANGARH – HANUMANGARH MEGA HIGHWAY,
KISHANGARH ( RAJASTHAN )
TOLL FREE NO. – 18001231239